Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Zest For Zoltan…



Given that I have just popped round to her house for some top notch job interview advice (thanks Laura!), it only seems fair that I should repay the favour this evening and feature Laura stood (or rather sat) by a fine Hungarian monument once again…

For those regular readers, you will recall that my friends Rich and Laura stumbled upon the delights of Statuepark near Budapest earlier on this year. I have a feeling that this particular statue isn’t situated there though, given that it is a statue of the famous Hungarian composer Zoltan Kodaly, and not of a famous communist dictator. Once again Uncle Wikipedia gives a far better description of Mr Kodaly than I ever could, although I have to say that I am hugely impressed to see that he was a famous composer, educator, ethnomusicologist, linguist, author AND philosopher. That’s quite a CV there. Anyway, bravo to Laura for striking a most elegant pose alongside her Zoltan!

No comments: