Monday, January 10, 2005

Stand By Your What?

So, over the course of the last six years or so I have been travelling the world with friends imitating statues, as you do, and, in this blog, I shall be sharing these statue replications with you. I shall also attempt to add a few wise words on the places that I have been fortunate enough to visit.

Over the coming months, you shall gain an important insight to the statues of the world. I shall also be introducing you to a number of special guest Stand By Your Statue practitioners. Hopefully, as time goes on and I become more computer literate, I’ll be able to set up a voting system whereby you can vote for your favourite Stand By Your Statue moment.

Most importantly, I want to hear from you though. I would be delighted and hugely honoured to publish your photos of statue imitations from around the world. To contact me by email, simply click on my profile on the top right hand corner of the page.

4 comments:

John McClure said...

Six years?

I thought you said you were 16 in the first photograph... if you even so much as THINK about claiming that you're only 22 years old now I shall be forced to expose you as a cad and a bounder.

Statue John said...

I refer you to my second post, in particular to the line 'fast forward around nine years', implying that I was 25 when I started getting into this statue business for real. So it has been six years since then, which now makes me.....31?

Oh dang. I'm not 31, I'm 30 and not a day older. HONEST!

A landmark which you are no doubt looking forward to hitting in three weeks time eh?!

Poll Star said...

Well, I'd love to send you mine, as I have done some top class standing, sitting and lying by statues. But I think you already have them all, so I'll have to settle for just looking forward to seeing some up there with my head attached.

Anonymous said...

There's a new facebook group dedicated to this sort of thing at:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22475227730