Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Lion In Lucca…



Having resurrected and old genre in celebrity stand by your statue on Monday, let’s restore another one this evening, namely standing by a lion statue and giving it some serious roar! Other examples of such (random) behaviour can be found here and here.

Still based in Lucca earlier on this year, whilst we were taking a wander around this lovely walled city in the pouring rain, Wondering Poll and myself encountered this ferocious lion statue. Methinks Mr Poll’s roar was rather more successful, so I’ve stuck his photo up above. Check out the whites of those eyes! Pretty fierce eh? So brutal that it would appear that I was shaking the camera so much I couldn’t quite focus on him properly! I’m ashamed to say my roar below was a little tame in comparison.



I get no greater thrill than posting statues of lions (and monkeys) so if you have any photos out there then do send them in...

No comments: