Monday, April 02, 2007

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting…



Hello! Hope everyone is well out there…

This website seems to be covered in dust as it hasn’t received any posts in so long. I’ll just get the feather duster out and have a quick clean...

Yesiree, I’m back from my travels, finally, where I’m afraid I didn’t really have the time or the will to continue posting statues, as was having far too much fun! Australia really is the most fantastic country to travel around, as you will see as I post its statues, stories and occasional big thing over the coming year. There really was that many statues pictures that we added to the archives you see.

The statue above wasn’t from Oz, mind, but from Hong Kong, where I made my first stop-off to catch up with old friend Des. On closer inspection you can see that the monument really is one of the highlights of any trip to HK as it is none other than Bruce Lee, widely regarded as one of the most influential martial arts actors of the twentieth century and star of the Hong Kong film industry. The statue is situated on the Avenue of Stars, which has the beautiful Hong Kong city as a backdrop.

It really was a difficult statue to photograph this one, as there were so many people stood around taking photos. However, Des and I seized the moment and snuck in there to nail our best kung fu fighting poses.



We also took a side-on shot. Apologies for the slight fuzziness, but I was still in the process of testing out a new camera, and, well, it was difficult to get a crystal clear shot when there was such action involved!

Funnily enough, after we had completed our heroics, the various amassed tourists, who had previously just been taking their simple photos of themselves by the statue, decided that statue imitation was in fact the best way forward, as the fuzzy snaps below illustrate. It made me a proud man I can tell thee.




Many thanks to all the folks and Myspace peeps who have sent me messages and photos over the past couple of months while I’ve been on the road… I shall reply shortly! Keep those photos coming in, as we get this statue show back on the road again…

Finally, huge congrats to Des, who became a father for the first time recently.

No comments: