Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Duplicating Dennis…



We continue celebrating some cricketing legends this evening, with this statue of Dennis Lillee, which is also located outside the huge MCG stadium in Melbourne. He was actually born in the same hospital as myself in the Subiaco district of Perth, but that’s where the similarities end. Mr Lillee was one of the fastest bowlers of his time, and another Aussie cricketing legend. His bowling action was unique and utterly fearsome, as you can see by watching this, and, to top it off, he also had a thoroughly intimidating moustache.



His unique bowling action is really well captured by the statue, but sadly I can’t really say the same about our budding statue imitators! Good on you Jamie (on top) and Mr Poll below mind for having a go….it’s a bit of a difficult one to master. They are English mind.



Oh, and for those of you who aren’t interested in cricket at all (why not?!), I have found another little geography type quiz for you to play on this week instead. Click below for a game of US State Tetris. I’ve only played the easy version so far, as the others look way to hard, but managed what I think is a respectable six minutes. Let me know how you do in the comments.

US State Tetris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear I managed a rather sorry 8 minutes.It seems my knowledge of American geography is almost as bad as their knowledge of the rest of the world!
Mik