Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Stand By Your Supersized Sword...



Big thanks to David Getty for sending in tonight’s snap of himself brandishing a massive sword! Personally, I dream most evenings about brandishing such a sword. The monument is found in Washington DC and is a memorial to those who fought in both the World Wars.

Further to last night’s shambolic effort of attempting to set up a poll to vote for your statue of the year, 2005, I have had another go this evening. Let’s hope this works a bit better. Unfortunately, I am only allowed to put ten pictures into a poll, and, given that it is impossible to limit the yearly poll to ten, I have set up two polls containing 20 of my favourite pictures of the year. Feel free to vote for as many as you wish*. Just click on the links below.

Statue Of The Year 2005 Part 1

Statue Of The Year 2005 Part 2

* Apologies to Ballerina, who, along with myself, for some reason appeared to be the only folks who were able to vote on last night’s poll, but I have had to reset the count, so hope you are able to vote again.

3 comments:

Statue John said...

My sources, well, my housemate, who funnily enough goes by the name of Poll, has confirmed that the polls now work. Wuhoo!

swisslet said...

2 things:

1) I managed to vote yesterday

2) where the hell is the budweiser statue of liberty? Surely that's the statue of the year, you clown?

ST

Statue John said...

We would appear to have an early favourite in the poll folks....!