Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Visions From The Vaults...



Hiya. Sorry not to have posted as much recently. I have been hunting around the loft as lying around in the Stand By Your Statue vaults are a fair few older piccies, which really do need to be published sometime, so I’m going to try and focus on these this week…

This statue of a small thin man wearing a cowboy hat is located in the Iguaçu Falls national park, located near the town of Foz Do Iguaçu in the bottom left hand corner of Brazil near Argentina. The park is home to the mighty Iguaçu Falls, which consists of 275 waterfalls spread over 3km with some over 80 metres high, making them wider than Niagara falls, higher than Victoria falls, and, quite simply, more stunning than both of them put together!

I’ve been digging around the interweb to try and find some examples of the stunning beauty that is Iguaçu, but can’t find huge amounts so I have hastily posted a few of my photos from the trip here. The other man in the photos is Bob. It really is one of the most beautiful places in the world that I’ve had the privilege to visit. Did I say it was stunning?!

As to who the man in the hat is I can’t tell you unfortunately. I’d like to say that he’s a famous park ranger, but that would be a total guess and would most likely be completely wrong. My apologies also to anyone who is temporarily blinded by the man dressed in bright white stood alongside his statue!

No comments: