Monday, January 10, 2005

Headless Wonders...



Fast forward around nine years and here I am with good friends John VDP and Mik in front of a headless statue of Lenin in Pärnu, a delightful little town on the south west coast of Estonia.

Pärnu is otherwise known as the summer capital of Estonia, although the locals dubbed it the ‘Estonian Las Vegas’, which was a bit of an enigma sadly. Other highlights of Pärnu included the Red Tower (or Punane Torn) and a spot of mudbathing.

As you can see, we were not particularly interested in the simple process of taking a photo of us standing by the statue. We are more interested in imitating or emulating said statue, which, as I’ll explain in my next post, is pretty much the Stand By Your Statue mantra.

3 comments:

swisslet said...

do you not have the common decency to acknowledge the work of the photographer? It's not just point and click, you know.

John McClure said...

Yeah - and what about the scanner? I didn't just put it in the machine and push a button, you know.

Or maybe I did.

Statue John said...

Dear Mr John and Mr Toni,

I will not deny that you have both performed miraculous tasks in this particular post, but you must admit that if I were to give shouts out to all the photo takers and scanners behind the site then the posts may get a little dull.

So, instead of mentioning you guys in every post I make I shall give you a big up here.

TO ALL STATUE WEBSITE READERS, PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THESE SITES TOO - THEY'RE GREAT!!

John - aka The Ultimate Olympian:

Ultimate Olympianand

SwissToni:

SwissToni's Place


Cheers Guys!

J